Skill Level: all levels welcome
May 31 - June 2
Friday - Saturday - Sunday
Hours: 10 am - 4 pm with a lunch break
Material included: wood “lady” substrate with hardware installed, scrap glass, filler baubles and beads, adhesives, grout
minimum # of students: 8
Here is your chance to create your very own mosaic Lady in a fabulous mosaic hat! In this three day workshop, you will create and mosaic your very personal expression of your Lady’s face, dress her in the fashion you choose and top her with a gorgeous hat. Maybe you prefer elegance, maybe flashy, maybe trashy. Maybe you like soft and old fashioned, or a tropical princess. You can make your Lady come alive wearing the hat only you can imagine!
You will learn how to cut glass and china, how to prepare your materials for mounting and how to choose the right adhesive. Debra will also have lots of filler beads and doo-dads for your hats as well as some special treasures for sale.
WHAT IS PROVIDED
• Substrate, a hand-crafted wood design especially created for your
Lady with the hanging hardware already installed.
• Adhesives and grout.
• Filler baubles and beads
• Scrap glass
WHAT YOU BRING
• Your treasures, your glass if you have some, china, tiles, beads, baubles, and any kind of mosaic tesserae you want to use.
• Your glass cutting tools such as wheeled nippers, running pliers and scorers if you have them. If not we have some available for sale or to borrow. There are two special tools you will need to bring to the workshop—a diagonal wire cutter, and a side cutter. You may bring your own and/or we will have some for you to borrow or buy at the workshop. Here are my recommendations:
• Crescent Diagonal Wire Cutter -
PRIOR TO THE WORKSHOP – VISION CALL
Prior to the workshop, we will have a phone chat and I will help you develop your vision and plans, your color palette, the materials you will be using, and a template for your Lady’s face if needed. I will provide you with substrate measurements so you can prepare some tesserae for trimming in advance if you wish. There will also be plenty of beautiful glass available for sale at the studio.
About the Instructor: Debra Mager - Cinderella Mosaics
After a successful career as a corporate marketing executive, and a lifetime of collecting art, Debra tried her hand at mosaics. As the demand for her work started to grow from just family friends to commissions from fans across the country, Debra soon realized she had found her second calling.
Eight years later, Debra Mager is now an established and highly regarded self-taught mosaic artist traveling around the country to teach mosaic workshops and to participate in art festivals.
She has a penchant for creating dimensional, whimsical and rather unconventional mosaic works, which include her unique mosaic floral arrangements, birds and other creatures, as well her jeweled mirrors and mosaic shoes.
Cinderella Mosaics became her company name because Debra considers the discovery of her dormant artistic talent an unexpected blessing, or “a true Cinderella story.”
Making mosaic art affords us the chance to reassemble broken parts and pieces into works of beauty. What could be more healing and rewarding than that?
– Debra Mager
To learn more about Debra’s work and upcoming workshops, follow her on Instagram and Facebook @CinderellaMosaics
click on the shopping bag
to check out
- 50% deposit is required to hold your space in the class or workshop.
- Balance due 14 days before class or workshop date.
- Full Refund - 30 days prior to the class or workshop minus a $50 processing fee.
- Full Refund if class or workshop is canceled.
- No Refunds - within 30 days of the class or workshop unless we can fill your space
minus a $50 processing fee.
- No Refunds - within 7 days of the class or workshop.
813 Virginia Dr. - Orlando, FL 32803 - 407.930.0750 - email@example.com © Luna Mosaic Arts - All Rights Reserved