Skill Level: all levels welcome
May 26-27, 2018
Saturday - Sunday
Hours: 10 am - 4 pm with a lunch break
Material included: Mexican Smalti & MDF substrate
In this workshop, participants will use Mexican Smalti to make a Day of the Dead Themed mosaic on a cut out MDF shape. There will be different shapes to choose from prior to the workshop. There will be different motifs you can trace onto your shape or you can draw your own design. Instruction will be provided in choosing colors, cutting, andamento and shading. Edge treatment will also be discussed. Gold smalti and millefiori will be available to purchase separately.
minimum # of students: Minimum has been reached. This workshop will not be canceled.
About the Instructor: Donna Van Hooser
I love working in mosaic, especially dealing with the challenges and limitations of the materials. The glass must be carefully chosen from a limited palette, since colors cannot be mixed, and each piece must serve as an individual brush stroke working in harmony with the surrounding pieces.
Click here to read our "Feature Artist" article about Donna!
click on the shopping bag
to check out
- 50% deposit is required to hold your space in the class or workshop.
- Balance due 14 days before class or workshop date.
- Full Refund - 30 days prior to the class or workshop minus a $50 processing fee.
- Full Refund if class or workshop is canceled.
- No Refunds - within 30 days of the class or workshop unless we can fill your space
minus a $50 processing fee.
- No Refunds - within 7 days of the class or workshop.
Several shapes to choose from! You will be given a blank shape. There will be different motifs you can trace onto your shape or you can draw your own design
813 Virginia Dr. - Orlando, FL 32803 - 407.930.0750 - firstname.lastname@example.org © Luna Mosaic Arts - All Rights Reserved